Sunday, January 4, 2015

Two new recipes:

Chipotle Pulled Pork

In a crockpot, add a bunch of cilantro, juice of one lime, and 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.  Stir.  Place a sirloin pork roast on top.  Salt and pepper.  Then pour the sauce of a canned adobe chipotle peppers.  You can use the peppers if you wish, I don't for this roast.  Coat the roast thoroughly.

Cook on low all day.  Then shred and serve for tacos or anything else you wish.

Quick leftover chili

I had odds and ends in my kitchen that I wanted to use up.  \

Crockpot: Can of crushed tomatoes, the large can.  Can of small red beans, drained.  Tablespoon of chili powder.  Tsp of onion powder, cumin, oregano, Badia complete seasoning, spanish smoked paprika and chipotle powder.  Stir till blended.  I added 1/4 cup of pineapple juice and a pound of leftover taco ground meat.  I also threw in there two bold nacho taco shells,  Lastly I chopped up 2 carrots and a red onion and tossed those in there as well.  Stir and let it cook all day on low.

Serve with fresh salsa or anything you usually have chili with.  You will notice I didn't say salt/pepper.  The taco meat was salty enough and the chili didn't need it.  I made the taco meat the day before with 2 pounds of ground turkey, a packet of ranch, a packet of taco seasoning blend, 1/4 cup of mojo and bit of water.  I cooked it till tender.  Served half for dinner and used the rest for the chili above.  I also reserved two of the taco shells from that same dinner for the dinner above.  Dessert that night before was canned pineapple which I reserved the juice for the chili.  Make sure it's juice and NOT the syrup kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment